Ok kids. Here’s something you need to get on the calendar.
Tomorrow Chris Sparks’ labor of love, Team Cul de Sac: Cartoonists Draw the Line at Parkinson’s is hitting the streets.
Celebrating the work of DC-area cartoonist Richard Thompson, who has been battling Parkinson’s for several years, the book features renditions of Thompson’s Cul de Sac characters by some of the most amazing names in comics.
Folks like: Bill (fricking) Watterson of Calvin and Hobbes fame, Garry Trudeau (Doonesbury), Nick Galifianakis, Mo Willems (The Pigeon books), Stephan Pastis (Pearls Before Swine), Pat Oliphant (Pulitzer Prize winning political cartoonist), Gene Weingarten and David Clark (Barney & Clyde), Mason Mastroianni (B.C.), Roger Langridge (Muppet Show comic book, Marvel’s Thor: The Mighty Avenger, Fred the Clown) and more.
Literally hundreds of artists submitted artwork for the book. Michael Cavna of the Washington Post was sporting a review copy at the Herblock Price Dinner a few weeks back. It is a stunning piece of work and a portion of the proceeds from the book will go directly to the Michael J. Fox foundation to support Parkinson’s research.
Trust me, you’re going to want a copy.
As fate would have it, we’ve got an EVENT for that!
On June 10th the Small Press Expo is co-hosting a book signing / fundraiser / celebration / release party / hoedown for Team Cul de Sac at One More Page Books in Arlington, Virginia. Many of the contributing artists will be in attendance and, we hope, Richard will be able to make it as well.
Everyone who picks up a copy of Team Cul de Sac at the event will get a free one day pass to SPX 2012 for this fall. Not a bad little bonus.
We’re thrilled to be able to work on this with the folks at One More Page. Independent bookstores are a national treasure and we jumped at the chance to throw our - admittedly somewhat waifish - weight behind this fantastic event.
So, here’s the bonafide deets:
Team Cul de Sac Fundraiser / Book Signing
Sunday June 10, 2012 5-7PM
One More Page Books
2200 N. Westmoreland Street, #101
Arlington, VA 22213
Please, Tumblr friends throw a few reblogs on this so we can spread word of the event far and wide. It’s a great book celebrating great work for a great cause.
36 Notes/ Hide
- gerrisutherland likes this
- imrontucker likes this
- fatin-a55 likes this
- vanholt-vi likes this
- owlindaylight reblogged this from spx and added:
- collageartbyjesse likes this
- cannotremember likes this
- spx reblogged this from mdt and added:
- mdt reblogged this from spx and added:
- moviefone reblogged this from spx and added:
- lottaca likes this
- carolynbelefski reblogged this from spx
- gypsysoulsearch reblogged this from spx and added:
- geektresses reblogged this from eibmoz
- acrols likes this
- hangonsilvergirl reblogged this from spx
- golgafrincham reblogged this from spx
- wonderfull800 likes this
- outofsteparts reblogged this from spx and added:
- eemoon likes this
- tsaints reblogged this from spx
- vakoo likes this
- eibmoz reblogged this from spx
- marvelousday reblogged this from spx
- marvelousday likes this
- cuddlesandrage likes this
- dunnohername reblogged this from spx
- tonybreed reblogged this from spx and added:
- hughbot likes this
- disorganization likes this
- dumplingheart reblogged this from spx
- christeladina likes this
- door reblogged this from spx and added: